Effective Date: 04/28/2021
Click here to see previous versions
2. Information We Collect and the Sources
The Service collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular Account Holder, Registered Child, or device (“Personal Information”). In particular, the Service collects the following categories of Personal Information from users of its Service:
- Registration Data. During the registration for the Service, Kidas will collect the following Personal Information on the Account Holder (“Registration Data”): name, email address, billing address, payment card information, and password. This information will be collected via a webform completed and submitted by the Account Holder. This information is obligatory and if not provided, an account cannot be created.
- User Account Data. Subsequent to registration and during account set-up, Kidas will collect the following information on the child(ren) registered for the Service (“User Account Data”): name, email, date of birth, and relevant games passwords. This information will be collected via a webform completed and submitted by the Account Holder. This information is obligatory and if not provided, an account cannot be created.
- Browsing. Kidas automatically collects information when you visit the Website including your device’s IP address, browser and operating system, and statistics about how you use the Website. If you connect to our Website using a mobile device, we may also collect information about your device including the operating system and browser used and a unique device identification number.
- Third-Party Cookies. Kidas allows Google Analytics and other similar services to place cookies through the Website to provide us with better insights into the use of the Website or Visitor demographics. For instance, Google Analytics utilizes cookies throughout our Website to collect aggregated information about Visitors to our Website to assist us in our analysis to provide better services to you.
3. Use of Information We Collect
Kidas may use or disclose the Personal Information it collects for one or more of the following purposes:
- Registration and Service Communications. Kidas will use the Registration Data you provide to create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us, permit your use of our Service, and to communicate with you directly. This includes to provide customer service, send notifications, reports, newsletters, or communications in general, about the Services including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses, offers or promotions offered by us.
- Commercial Communications. By submitting your Registration Data to us, you expressly consent to receive electronic commercial communications regarding the subject matter of the Service, and other services including alerts, notices, newsletters, offers and promotions. If you do not wish to receive such information from us, you can expressly opt out by sending an email to [email protected].
- Reports and Notifications. Kidas will send the Account Holder(s) notification emails, texts, and other reports containing certain portions of Covered Application Data collected by the Service.
- Data Processing. Kidas will collect and process both User Account Data and Covered Applications Data via proprietary algorithms and software. During Data Processing, Kidas will take reasonably appropriate steps to maintain the accuracy of all data collected. Any combination of personally identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information during Data Processing will be treated as personally identifiable information.
- Compliance with Law Enforcement. Kidas may reveal your Personal Information to comply with the law, applicable regulations, governmental and quasi-governmental requests, court orders or subpoenas (provided that Kidas will notify you of any such communication of your Personal Information to the extent legally permissible), to enforce the Terms or other agreements, or to protect our rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of our users or others.
- Analytics and Data. Kidas will store and process the Personal Information we collect from you for the purpose of analyzing and improving the Service. Kidas’ use of this data is restricted to internal use only and is limited to the purposes of testing, research, analysis, and improvements to the effectiveness of the Service.
- Digital Security. Kidas may use the Personal Information it collects to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
Kidas will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collect for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
4. Partnerships with Thirds Parties or Outside Vendors Requiring Information Disclosures
Kidas shares your Personal Information with the following third parties:
- Data Hosting and Information Systems: Amazon, Inc.
- Electronic Communications: Google, Inc.
- Sending of Commercial Emails: SendGrid, Inc.
- Third-Party Data Security Services and Audits: Sentry Data Systems, Inc.
- Data Hosting and Information Systems: Splunk Inc.
This Policy will be updated should Kidas engage with a new third party in order to support our ability to provide the Service. Please refer back to this policy periodically.
YOU, AS THE PARTY RESPONSIBLE FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT AND PROCESS FOR THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICE, REPRESENT AND WARRANT TO US THAT:
- YOU COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS WITH RESPECT TO THE MONITORING AND CONTROL OF DEVICES AND APPLICATIONS USED BY YOU OR YOUR COVERED ACCOUNTS; AND
- YOU HAVE ALL LEGALLY REQUIRED INFORMED CONSENTS FROM ALL DATA SUBJECT, ACCOUNT HOLDER(S), AND REGISTERED CHILD(REN) WHOSE DATA ARE SUBMITTED TO US IN THE COURSE OF THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICE OR COLLECTED AND TRANSMITTED TO US BY THE SERVICES.
You shall defend, indemnify and hold Kidas harmless from all claims, damages, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of your use of our Service, including but not limited to the collecting processing, storing, or sharing of Personal Information and other third party personal information submitted to the Service during the course of your use and our provision of the Service.
7. Your Rights and Choices For Data Deletion and Access
Kidas Account Holders and Visitors may exercise specific rights regarding requests for deleting and accessing Personal Information. This section describes the rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
- Deletion Request Rights
You may request that Kidas delete any of your Personal Information that we collect from you and retain, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request for deletion, we will delete Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
1.Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
2.Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
3.Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
4.Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
5.Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
6.Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
7.Comply with a legal obligation.
- Access to Specific Information
Kidas firmly believes that children should retain a level of privacy in their internet use. We strongly encourage parents and guardians to have an on-going dialog with their children regarding safe and appropriate internet use. However, you have the right to request that Kidas disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of the Registered Child(ren)’s Personal Information over the past twelve months. Once Kidas receives and confirms your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
1.The categories of Personal Information we collected from the Registered Child(ren).
2. The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected from the Registered Child(ren).
3. Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information.
4. The categories of third parties with whom we shared that Personal Information.
5. The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected from the Registered Child(ren).
6. If we disclosed the Registered Child(ren)’s Personal Information for a business purpose, a list of what we disclosed, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- Exercising Access, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
1.Visiting getkidas.com and accessing the Contact Us webform submission located in the footer.
2.Sending an Email to [email protected]
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of the Registered Child(ren).
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a twelve-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
1.Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
2. Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the Personal Information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us, but when we receive your request in another way, we will have to confirm that it is you making the request through a verification process.
We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
- Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time up to ninety (90) days, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will respond electronically to the email of record for that count. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response electronically.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the twelve-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data access requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, specifically Kidas will send you a CSV file that includes all Personal Information stored by the Service at the time your request.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights. Unless permitted by federal and state law, we will not:
1. Deny you goods or services.
2. Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
3. Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
4. Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
8. Links to Other Sites
Kidas may permit others to link to this Site or to post a link to their site on ours. Kidas does not endorse these sites and is not responsible for other sites or their privacy practices. Please read their privacy policies before submitting information.
9. Contact Information
Website: Visiting getkidas.com and accessing the Contact Us webform submission located in the footer.
Email: [email protected]